Union City, IN 47390
Union City Public Library will have new hours effective May 1, 2014. The new hours will be:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday - 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday - 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Union City Public Library came on line with Evergreen Indiana on June 9, 2011.
Evergreen Indiana is a resource-sharing Indiana Public Library consortium. Patrons of Union City, Indiana will have access to other member libraries' collections. The holdings can be viewed on the Evergreen interface via the Internet. Once the items are found, they can be ordered or join the waiting list with a click of the button. The items are then delivered to the UCPL when they become available, the local staff will telephone for pickup.
Evergreen library cards utilizing a 14-digit bar code will be issued to UCPL patrons. This card will be valid at any Evergreen Indiana library in the state. Patrons in Jackson and Wayne townships in Indiana can use their Evergreen card ONLY AT UCPL, not for materials from other Evergreen libraries.
Lending period - 3 weeks for books and audio books; 2 weeks for magazines,1 week for DVD's or CD's.
Fines and fees
Late Fees 25 cents per item per day
Lost/damaged materials Replacement cost and $10.00 processing fee
Replacement library card $2.00
Fines and fees are set by the Evergreen Indiana Consortium and are enforced at all member libraries. Abide by the rules - return materials in good condition when due - and there is no charge for use.
When charges on an account reach $10.00, borrowing privileges for that card will be blocked at all EIC libraries.
Evergreen Indiana in the UCPL area include Jay County Public Library, Washington Township Public Library (Lynn), and Winchester Community Public Library.
How to obtain a library card -
- 1. Live within the city limits of Union City, Indiana - for Evergreen Indiana card good at all Evergreen libraries
- a. Jackson Township of Indiana Evergreen Indiana card good only at the Union City Public Library.
- b. Wayne Township Indiana must pay the current non-resident fee of $36.50 - entire Evergreen Indiana Consortium available to card holder.
- 2. Have current driver's license, a current utility bill with current address, or a checkbook with current address along with a photo ID.
- 3. Fill out and sign a borrower's registration form.
Last updated 4/4/14